What are Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are specifically made to fit over the front part of your tooth or teeth. The procedure is pretty straightforward, and patients might experience slight sensitivity but nothing too noticeable.
1. An examination is required to ensure teeth are healthy enough for the dentist to remove enamel.
2. To start the procedure, tooth enamel is removed from the front of your teeth.
3. You wait for the custom-dental shells to be created.
4. Once the veneers are ready, an adhesive material helps bond the tooth and veneer(s).
Why would some get veneers placed on the teeth? Here are a few reasons:
· Color of teeth: Veneers come in many shades to fit your needs. Foods and drinks, smoking, or simply from aging, can be main causes of stained teeth.
· Size and shape: Veneers can be shaped to complement the patient’s facial structure and requirements.
· Alignment and spacing: Veneers can also be used to fill in small gaps between teeth, and can make minor corrections in alignment.