Cosmetic dentistry in Herrin, IL, helps patients achieve their dream smiles. At Hughes Dental Arts Centre, we're known for our five-star aesthetic services which focus on your oral health and cosmetic goals. Dr. Christopher Hughes is a fellow in the International Society of Dento-facial Esthetics. He delivers the simplest of treatments--such as teeth whitening--to complex smile makeovers. Always, he focuses on your best possible smile.
Your smile can show the real you
The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry says that your smile says something about your personality. However, cosmetic flaws may overshadow your image. The good news is that cosmetic dentists, such as Dr. Hughes in Herrin, can fix flaws, realign crooked teeth, and simply rejuvenate your smile for a natural-looking, refreshed appearance that impresses you and those around you.
In short, cosmetic dentistry improves the shape, color, and arrangement of your teeth. An added benefit is additional durability--in other words, a smile that lasts.
Consultation and offered services
Your cosmetic dentistry consultation at Hughes Dental Arts Centre is complimentary. Just make an appointment, and be prepared for an open, friendly discussion of your smile goals. Dr. Hughes is not only interested in the biomechanics and health of your teeth and gums, but he wants to know what you'd like to see change.
For instance, do you want to close a gap between two front teeth and also whitening your enamel? Are amalgam fillings visible when you smile, and you'd like them replaced? Has your smile always been crooked, and you desire healthier, straighter teeth? Bring your concerns and Dr. Hughes and his team will show you a way to a renewed smile.
Offered aesthetic services include:
- In-office and at-home teeth whitening which brightens teeth by up to six shades
- Porcelain veneers which disguise the front side of flawed teeth
- White fillings for seamless restoration of tooth decay
- Porcelain crowns to support and protect damaged teeth
- Invisalign clear aligners, a discreet alternative to conventional braces
- Composite resin bonding to repair chips, hairline fractures, gaps and more in one short visit
- Botox Cosmetic to limit the movement of selected facial muscles and smooth lines and wrinkles
- Juvederm dermal fillers to fill deep lines between the brows, at the sides of the mouth and more
Each cosmetic dentistry consultation includes a comprehensive examination, digital X-rays and other sophisticated imaging as required. Together, you and your Herrin cosmetic dentist will arrive at a treatment plan perfect for your goals and oral health. Then, he'll guide you step-by-step through the process as you change your smile and your outlook, too.
Then, we'd love to see you at Hughes Dental Arts Centre in Herrin, IL. Call to arrange your one-on-one consultation: (618) 993-3100.
Does the idea of going to the dentist make your heart race and your palms sweat? Do you postpone even routine dental check-ups because you're just too afraid to go? Then, sedation dentistry from Hughes Dental Arts Centre in Herrin, IL may be for you. Fully credentialed in IV sedation, Dr. Christopher Hughes and his dedicated team deliver the care you need while completely eliminating the fear factor.
What causes dental anxiety
Many people fear dental procedures for a variety of reasons. Many adults avoid the dentist completely because they feel so anxious.
Reasons for their fear can include:
- Past bad experiences at a dental office
- Dislike of needles, drills or other dental instruments
- Inability to sit still for extended periods of time
- Apprehension about pain
- Embarrassment over the condition of their teeth and gums
The way out
You can handle your dental fear. In fact, Dr. Hughes can help you eliminate it completely with his kind attitude, careful explanations and gentle touch. Additionally, Dr. Hughes offers local anesthetic to numb areas of the mouth, and for extensive dental procedures or for people who are very nervous, he recommends IV sedation.
IV sedation is a fully monitored way to deliver medication which allows the patient to relax or even sleep through his or her procedures. To qualify for IV sedation dentistry in Herrin, Dr. Hughes will review your medical history and current medications. He'll also ask you to bring an adult relative or friend along to drive you home after your treatments.
During your procedures
Your vital signs (breathing, heart rate and oxygen levels) will be monitored carefully. You'll relax in the dental chair, and the dentist will introduce your anti-anxiety medication into a thin needle inserted into your arm. Your level of consciousness and comfort will be watched as well, and the medication may be adjusted up or down as needed.
When your treatments are complete, you'll wake up easily. However, you likely will have little memory of your dental procedures. You'll go home to rest accompanied by your adult driver.
What procedures qualify?
Your dentist may use IV sedation for most any preventive, restorative or cosmetic treatment. Much depends on what triggers your anxiety and of course, on how complex your procedures are. Dr. Hughes fully explains IV sedation to his patients ahead of time so they fully understand what medication they will receive and how they will feel during and after their treatments.
Forget the stress
And, get the healthy smile you deserve. If sedation dentistry in Herrin, IL sounds like something you wish to explore, call Hughes Dental Arts Centre for a personal consultation: (618) 993-3100.
How dental implants from your dentist in Herrin, IL can complete your smile
You may know someone with dental implants. If you do, you’re probably amazed at how beautifully natural they look. The fact is dental implants look virtually identical to natural teeth. The natural look of dental implants isn’t their only benefit. Dr. Christopher Hughes at Hughes Dental Arts Centre in Herrin, IL wants to share why dental implants are the perfect choice to replace missing teeth.
How Do Dental Implants Work?
Dental implants restore function to allow you to eat the foods you love, improving your digestion and general health. The dental implant screws are made of titanium, a biocompatible material that is gentle to your tissue. In fact, once a dental implant screw is placed, your body will begin to fuse with the implant and lock it in place. Dental implants are:
- Stable; they won’t move around like dental appliances can
- Convenient; you can brush and floss the implants just like natural teeth
Dental implants also restore the beauty of your smile, boosting your self-confidence and self-esteem. You will want to smile again! Dental implants complete your smile with the most natural looking tooth replacement available today. Dental implant crowns are made of high-grade dental ceramic or porcelain which provides:
- Dazzling beauty; the dental crown reflects light just like your natural teeth
- Worry-free tooth replacement: dental implants will never decay and they resist stains to stay beautiful for a lifetime
People who have chosen dental implants enjoy the highest success rate of any surgical implant. In fact, according to the American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, dental implants boast a success rate of over 95 percent!
Now, thanks to dental implants, you can have a beautiful, strong smile even if you have lost teeth. Visit the expert, Dr. Christopher Hughes in his state-of-the-art office, equipped with digital television and radio for your comfort and relaxation. Make an appointment by calling Hughes Dental Arts Centre in Herrin, IL. Call today and get started on your new smile with dental implants!
Find out if bone grafting surgery is necessary for improving your jawbone health.
When people think about oral health problems they don’t often consider how it affects the health of their jawbone; however, your jawbone is also an integral part of your oral health. Everything from trauma to gum disease to tooth loss can cause the jawbone to lose strength, density or its original shape. Our Herrin, IL, dentist Dr. Christopher Hughes is here to tell you why bone grafting could potentially benefit you.
- Are you someone who is dealing with tooth loss?
- Do you have advanced gum disease that has damaged your jawbone?
- Did you wait years to seek treatment for your tooth loss?
- Are you dealing with significant bone loss?
- Are you dreaming of getting dental implants to replace your missing teeth?
If you said yes to many of these questions then bone grafting may be the best way to stabilize and strengthen your jawbone once more. Bone grafting surgery affords our Herrin, IL, general dentist the opportunity to rebuild and restore the jawbone to not only improve its health but also to make it possible to support a restoration like a dental implant.
A dental implant requires enough healthy jawbone in order to properly support it. If you’ve had your heart set on replacing your missing tooth or teeth with this long-term treatment but you are dealing with severe bone loss you may feel defeated. Not so fast! Bone grafting may be the answer you’ve been looking for. By getting bone grafting first, we can often greatly improve the strength and structure of the jawbone so that it can support a dental implant.
Whether you have questions about bone grafting or dental implants, we are here to provide you with the restorative dentistry you need right here in Herrin, IL. Turn to Hughes Dental Arts Centre today.
When your teeth are crooked, discolored or damaged, it's hard to feel good about your smile. Luckily, there's a solution to every smile issue, thanks to a variety of effective cosmetic dentistry treatments. Your Herrin, IL, cosmetic dentist Dr. Christopher Hughes discusses a few issues that can be corrected.
Metal braces may be the traditional way to straighten teeth, but they're not the only method. Clear Invisalign aligner trays correct alignment and spacing issues without any metal. The removable trays are worn for about 20 hours a day and are only removed to eat, brush and floss. Replacing the trays every two weeks is the key to maintaining your progress.
Small flaws in teeth, such as chips, uneven surfaces, cracks and discolorations can be hidden using one of these three cosmetic dentistry treatments:
- Bonding: Bonding involves adding a few layers of composite resin to your teeth to conceal imperfections. Although the material is soft and flexible when it's applied, a curing light quickly hardens it.
- Veneers: Veneers are thin, tooth-shaped pieces of porcelain cemented to the front surfaces of your teeth in our Herrin. They offer excellent coverage for small flaws and may also be used to whiten your entire smile or close gaps between teeth.
- Crowns: Crowns cover teeth on all four sides and are used to conceal discolorations, cracks and other imperfections. Before you receive a crown, your tooth must be reduced in size to ensure a comfortable fit.
Both bonding and crowns can be used to repair and restore damaged teeth. Bonding is often used to fill chips and cracks and restore broken sections of teeth. If a large part of your tooth has broken, a crown may be a better option. Crowns also strengthen fragile teeth, including those weakened by injuries.
Replacing missing teeth boosts your self-esteem and improves your ability to speak and chew normally. Teeth can be replaced with:
- Bridges: Bridges consist of a string of artificial teeth held in place by crowns at both ends of the bridge.
- Dentures: Dentures rest on your gums and can be used to replace all of your teeth or a section of them.
- Implants: Dental implants bond to your jawbone and replace tooth roots. When combined with crowns, they offer a comfortable, long-lasting alternative to bridges and dentures. Implant-supported dentures and bridges are also available.
Are you ready to make a few changes to your smile? Call Herrin, IL, cosmetic dentist Dr. Christopher Hughes at (618) 993-3100 to schedule your appointment.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.